Заключительное упражнение отрабатывает произношение одинаковых звуков. Читайте построчно вслух.
- peel seen leave green
- dust bucket but sun begun
- iron tiles wide drive smile
- sale make late date pay
Как обычно прочитайте, пожалуйста, вслух:
- Houses are usually to let. But it is often very expensive.
- Sometimes they are for sale.
- If you want to buy a house you have to earn much.
- Not many houses are offered cheap.
- You have to buy also all the other things.
- Gas-cookers, fridges and television sets are expensive.
- Tiles can be kept clean easily. It is not so bad if they become greasy. It is worse when the fridge is out of order. The meat has to be kept somewhere.
- The rubbish-bin has to be emptied often. And the floor has to be mopped almost daily.
- There are also nice things.
- In the shops we are sometimes offered large discounts. The shop-assistants can wrap up things beautifully. Then it is even harder to refuse what is offered. We all want to be served in a hurry. The things we buy can often be delivered. We stop at the cash-desk to pay.
- Sometimes we are told that they don't stock the thing we want.
- Many people look for bargains.
- We are promised that the things we buy will work well.
- But we are not always satisfied.
- We want to return the things that don't work or are soon out of order. We are not always allowed to return them. Then we do not return to that shop.
- The shops have many employees. They have to serve the customers nicely. That is the least they can do.
- If they work well they will get a raise. Their wages are not very high. They work longer than many other people. But every day they are allowed a few breaks. Some of them are members of trade-unions. The unions help them to get what they want.
- It hurts when they are fired. That is the worst thing that can happen. Do you know anything worse?
- Unskilled labourers earn less than others.
- They cannot apply for the most difficult jobs.
- They hardly ever earn a lot. If they learn things they earn more.
- But for some people it is difficult to learn, even if they want to.
- We can try to help and support them.
Выполните упражнение, подводящего итог изучению Вами материалов последних двух уроков, и проверит, насколько Вы овладели ими.
В случае возникновения проблем, вернитесь к пройденному, и преходите в другие темы только тогда, когда сможете без ошибок выполнять упражнение.